- Perspectives on Education
- Announcement and introduction
- 7 The religions of the world
- 6 Debates in the Church today, including same-sex relationships and the ordination of women
- 5 Church History
- 4 Death, judgement, Hell and the Kingdom of Heaven
- 3 The Holy Spirit and the Christian experience of God
- 2 What is God like and how could we ever know?
CounterVisits today: 4
Total visits: 7675
Category Archives: The Shape of Reality
Downing students may remember that I presented a series of talks in 2011 called The Shape of Reality, taken from the book I have been writing.
The book provides a tour through diverse areas of knowledge and human experience which are usually considered to be separate. Successive chapters explore themes such as beauty, wonder, rationality, science, evolution, consciousness, goodness, evil, love, the meaning of life and the purpose of the cosmos. It shows how a belief in God can make sense of all these aspects of reality together, seeing a big picture which atheism or science on its own will always miss.
I have continued to work on the book and am now seeking to get it published with the help of a literary agent. I will update this page when there is any news! Continue reading